Picking the right VoIP system can save you time and money.
VoIP stands for Voice-Over-Internet-Protocol. Originally developed to increase voice communication access to remote places of the world, VoIP is now a cost saving tool for many businesses. Instead of a “telephone line”, VoIP uses the internet for voice communications. This means you only need internet service from your Internet Service Provider. You don’t need a land line or an expensive T1 line from your telephone company. You only pay your ISP’s monthly bill. There are no long distance fees on top of a regular phone bill – just your Internet bill. The problem is there are so many VoIP systems on the market, which one do you pick?
(For more information on why you should choose VoIP over traditional phone services you can read this article.)
Our previous attempt at voice products.
Back in the 90′s. we sold a great phone system that ran on a Windows server and it had more features than most of the high-end phone systems at that time.
However, the initial cost of the phone system was just as expensive as normal PBX systems because you needed to purchase a server, Windows server operating system, and hardware to connect the incoming lines (T1) and all the users’ handsets. This cost was a roadblock for most of our clients, so in the end, we closed down the phone services part of the company.
Over time we have researched different internet phone services and products, but didn’t find one that was worth taking the time and effort to use and sell. There are various reasons for this, but mainly because of the following issues:
- Cost more than the value they provided
- Lacked all the features you should have in a phone system.
- Were voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems that were tied to your ISP
- Poor customer service or support
- Bad hardware and software reliability
- Unreliable voice quality
Finally, a feature rich, cost effective solution
After many years we have finally found a VoIP phone system that provides the perfect solution. The only upfront costs are the desk phones themselves and the labor to set up the system which includes training.
The phones start at around $110 each and there are a variety of options. Additionally, companies that currently have VoIP phones may be able to utilize their current phones and forgo the cost of purchasing new ones.
Some of the features that made us chose this VoIP service are:
- Online Meetings –Host video and screen sharing with computers and smart phones
- A single number for voice, fax and SMS (i.e., text) messages
- Your own auto attendant that’s easy to use and set up with rules based on:
- Hours of operation
- Time of day – for instance, lunchtime
- Certain days; you can set up different auto attendants for each holiday
- Caller ID; your best clients can have their own auto attendant.
- The ability to send faxes from your desktop or from Outlook
- Ring multiple phones simultaneously or sequentially
- Each user has their own conference number that handle hundreds of callers
- Each user can select his or her own hold music
- The ability to dial contacts from your desktop
- Mark voice messages read or unread
- Record calls by pressing *9
- Consolidation of smart phone apps with voice mail, faxes, and texts in one place
- Send and receive texts from your desktop
- Easily switch a call from desk phone to cell phone or cell phone to desk phone
- Block calls based on phone number or callers who hide their numbers so you can avoid solicitations.
- A smart phone app with a simple view of your calls, faxes and text
- Configure your phone system and personal settings from your smart phone
Need more reasons you should have a VoIP phone system?
With traditional phone systems, when you lose power or your T1 goes down, your phones are down and customers can’t get through. With our VoIP system, your phone system is still running, auto attendant works, calls are still routed to your cell phones and you can change your auto attendant message if necessary.
The most important factor for many businesses when switching over to this VoIP system is the cost savings. With less upfront cost and a lower monthly bill, this VoIP system is a natural choice. In addition to being cost effective, this system comes with professional, expert support and professional installation. The transition is basically seamless and you do get to keep your existing phone numbers.
Why switch to VoIP? For the same you reason you switched out your flip phone for a smart phone. Why would you not want the latest and greatest technology and features when you can get them for the same or less cost than you are paying for your old phone system?
For more information on this VoIP system, call us at 404-446-3330, and also ask about our referral programs.
Alan Dratch has been in the IT field for over 30 years and at Best Network Support for 17 years. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org